onsdag 11. november 2015

The Hexcon Challenge

My very first tournament was just a few weeks after I bought my first Cygnar models. Needless to say, it was more of a learning experience than hardcore gaming. I brought Haley2, Thorn, Stormwall and shooty support at 35 points and largely met others who, like me, had just started Warmahordes. My seecond tournament was a few weeks later but I managed to play a ton of games. It was 50 points and I brought Haley2 + Siege. I managed a 3-2 score and had really enjoyable games, facing off against multiple players clearly above my skill-level. I learned a lot and the next time I face them my goal is to beat them. Tall order, but it keeps me sharp.

The third tournament I attended was just this weekend. I went to visit a friend in Trondheim and it just so happened that it was a tournament there and I had my models with me... The tournament, Hexcon, was 35 points and I brought Caine2 and Siege. We were 12 players but due to time constraints we only played 3 rounds. I faced Circle (Kaya1), Cryx (Deneghra3) and Skorne (Morghoul1). After some tight games and a few nail-biting moments, I emerged victorious in all 3 games with 3 assassinations (though to be fair: Games 1 and 3 were won on scenario and I only got assassinations because my opponents tried longshots to have a chance at the game).

Another player also had a 3-0 record though and we went to tie breakers. We had the same strength of schedule so it went to control points, where I had 10 to his 7. Victory to the Swans! However, this player is a good friend of mine (we play a lot on Vassal) and not taking the tournament by having the most games won feels wrong. As such, we've made a gentleman's agreement to have the moral victor of Hexcon be the player who can best the other! Since I'm back in Oslo, the game will happen on Vassal.

His list pair for Hexcon was Issyria and Thyron. Vs my Caine2 and Siege we agreed to play Caine2 vs Issyria, which I think it'll end up as in most pairings here. My list is this:

Captain Allister Caine - WJ: +5
- Squire
- Ol' Rowdy - PC: 9
Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator - PC: 1
Taryn di la Rovissi, Llaelese Gun Mage - PC: 2
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution - PC: 3
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 3
Savio Montero Acosta - PC: 3
Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Pistoleers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 6
- Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer - Officer 2
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team - Lynch, Ryan & Watts: 4
Rangers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 5
Retribution:
Issyria, Sibyl of Dawn +6
- Banshee 10pc
Arcanist 1pc
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution 3pc
Mage Hunter Assassin 2pc
Mage Hunter Assassin 2pc
Dawnguard Invictors (max) 10pc
- Invictor Officer & Standard 2pc
Mage Hunter Strike Force (min) 5pc
- Strike Force Commander 2pc
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt 4pc
We are playing Incoming from the Hexcon maps:

Game will be on tomorrow (Thursday, November 12th) at 16:00 CET. If you have Vassal installed and want to watch, leave a comment below :)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar